Thursday, February 27, 2014

First Memories of Grandpa


One of my earliest memories of grandpa was when he took my dad and I to one of his most favorite fishing holes. I was 5 at the time, so I remember that the horses were very big and I was afraid that they would buck me off, or step on me! But luckily I had Dad with me. He held the reigns and all I had to do was sit. I reminded Dad every couple minutes, however, not to go too fast because it would give me a tummy ache. 

Grandpa was excited to go fishing with us. I remember when we got to the fishing hole I saw a fish jump straight out of the water, and he said “There’ll probably be more of them fish when we get our lures out.” Sure enough, we caught a fish, and I was excited at first. But as I got closer, I saw that it was still moving. I got scared. I didn’t want to touch a slimy fish!

But now I like fishing very much.  Mind you, I haven’t had to gut one yet, so that may change, but this is one of my earliest memories of my Grandpa, and I like to recall it often.
--Jonathan Todd



No comments:

Post a Comment