Thursday, December 27, 2012

Our First Fall


We arrived in California in the fall. These are some cool things we did in the mountains at that time. The mountains of California were so cold that I had to wear a hat, a coat, and gloves. And where I went it was so high my ears popped. The mountains had thick, soft snow on them. I had hot cocoa on the mountain, which tasted really good.

I also made snowballs. Two were perfectly spherical. I threw them into a lake and they shattered like glass.  Later my brothers and I ambushed my dad with many more snowballs. Jonathan made an especially hard snowball that he nailed my dad with.

California has been cold so far so I have to wear pants and a long sleeve shirt every day. When we go biking we have to wear coats because the air is cold when we go fast. In the morning and at night it’s really cold. But the afternoons are usually nice. There was nice weather when we went to my Uncle James’ house for Thanksgiving. We played soccer out in a field with my cousin Trey. It was cloudy but the weather was just right to play in.

The fall colors in California are very pretty. The three prettiest colors are yellow, red, and orange. Some trees have really intense colors but others have milder ones. The leaves come in a bunch of different shapes like hearts, stars, and pointy clubs. The shapes and colors are like a burst of fireworks.

--Jacob Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment